[OpenAFS] Re: RPC service unavailable, windows client, udebug works

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 6 Nov 2014 11:13:32 -0600

On Thu, 06 Nov 2014 00:18:36 +0100
Christian <chanlists@googlemail.com> wrote:

> windump.exe -i blah host 130.75.103.223 and host 130.75.102.221 and
> not tcp
>
> gives me just an arp who-has and reply.
[...]
> windump.exe -i blah port 7000 and udp
> turns up nothing when I click on directories on the "problem"
> fileserver and plenty of traffic when I browse the "good" fileserver
> (130.75.103.221).

Well, to be more certain of capturing something, I would try capturing
for the entire time the client machine is up. That is, start capturing
on the openvpn endpoint (or some other machine that can see the traffic)
and reboot the windows machine. (If that's not possible, you can instead
just try capturing for a long period of time, over 10 minutes or to be
extreme maybe an hour, and trying to access the bad server again.)

If you still don't see any 7000 traffic to that fileserver, while
capturing for the entire time the client is running (boot up to
shutdown), then I don't know.  Jeff will need to handle that, and you
may need to capture some traces or whatnot, to see why we would not be
hitting the net at all.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net