[OpenAFS] Re: RPC service unavailable, windows client, udebug works

Christian chanlists@googlemail.com
Sat, 08 Nov 2014 20:17:45 +0100

Am 06.11.2014 18:13, schrieb Andrew Deason:
> On Thu, 06 Nov 2014 00:18:36 +0100
> Christian <chanlists@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> windump.exe -i blah host 130.75.103.223 and host 130.75.102.221 and
>> not tcp
>>
>> gives me just an arp who-has and reply.
> [...]
>> windump.exe -i blah port 7000 and udp
>> turns up nothing when I click on directories on the "problem"
>> fileserver and plenty of traffic when I browse the "good" fileserver
>> (130.75.103.221).
> Well, to be more certain of capturing something, I would try capturing
> for the entire time the client machine is up. That is, start capturing
> on the openvpn endpoint (or some other machine that can see the traffic)
> and reboot the windows machine. (If that's not possible, you can instead
> just try capturing for a long period of time, over 10 minutes or to be
> extreme maybe an hour, and trying to access the bad server again.)
>
> If you still don't see any 7000 traffic to that fileserver, while
> capturing for the entire time the client is running (boot up to
> shutdown), then I don't know.  Jeff will need to handle that, and you
> may need to capture some traces or whatnot, to see why we would not be
> hitting the net at all.
Hm. I rebooted the machine, and it is talking to the server again. Next
time this happens (from experience, I am pretty sure it will...), would
it be helpful to get a debug log along the lines of

http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.7.31/winxp/ReleaseNotes/html/index.html#ch04s03.html
?

Thanks,

Christian