[OpenAFS] Re: (minor) VLDB corruption - how to clean up/repair?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 7 Nov 2014 10:13:48 -0600

On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 16:40:51 +0100
Jan Iven <jan.iven@cern.ch> wrote:

> Are there any other "just do it"-level commands or flags that might
> allow me to get unstuck via command line tools, or is this potentially
> "hexedit time" (in which case I might be inclined to let sleeping dogs
> rest a while)?

There is 'vldb_check -fix', which retries to rebuild the hash chains etc
to give you a more useful db. But make copies of the db and verify the
changes it made afterwards; it's not a well-exercised code path. You
also may want to grab the vldb_check from 1.6.10; iirc there have been
some fixes for it in the last few versions.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net