[OpenAFS] Re: VLDB corruption

Kostas Liakakis kostas@physics.auth.gr
Sun, 09 Nov 2014 00:17:42 +0200

On 11/08/2014 06:05 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> That particular warning doesn't seem like it would cause problems; just=

> taht we're using up extra unused space in the db. Would you be willing
> to share your (partially-corrupt) vldb blob? That way we could try to
> make vldb_check handle that issue.
Oh, good. I though so but it is a relief to read it from somebody who=20
knows better. My database is not big, about 1.5MB is all, but if this=20
may help other cells which far bigger databases I am all in for helping=20
you guys resolve it.

I just mailed my vldb to Mike to test his patch. I can forward you a=20
copy if you like as well.

> It does seem like maybe a better way to fix corruption errors would be
> to dump the vldb to a text format, and be able to restore that back to =
> db blob. But, that's not what we have now.
Right, this is what I had in mind. I had done the same in the past,=20
prompted by people in this list, with pt_util for my protection database =

to remove some entries prdb_check -fix woundn't touch. So when I saw the =

dump option in there it rung a bell.

Thank you all for your time.

-Kostas