[OpenAFS] Red Hat RPM packaging

Karanbir Singh mail-lists@karan.org
Thu, 04 Sep 2014 11:31:29 +0100

Hi,

I work on the CentOS Project effort.

We would be very happy to offer code hosting, build services and deliver
of rpm content via the primary CentOS repos. We dont have any
no-kernel-module policy and we also try and build the process in a way
that allows upstream communities to deliver the user experience they
want. In this case, openafs, as a project, could chose what the update,
release, patch and feedback policy is going to be.

Depending on how people feel, I'd image hosting in CentOS-Extras/ would
be good, it would allow openafs to be a single yum command away (
Extras/ is enabled by default ).

If this is interesting, then I will setup conversations and scope /
PoC's with the Storage SIG folks in the CentOS Project. Happy to field
questions in the mean time.

Regards,