[OpenAFS] Red Hat RPM packaging

Jeff White jaw171@pitt.edu
Thu, 4 Sep 2014 09:43:26 -0400

Being in CentOS' Extras repo sounds great, but what about all the other
RHELs out there, including RHEL itself?

I'm not very experienced in making packages but what would be nice is if
there was an OpenAFS repo all by itself.  This way
CentOS/RHEL/Scientific Linux/Whatever could just add that repo and
install away.  Additionally this makes it easy for Satellite/Spacewalk
users to add the repo to their servers to push out to their systems
(much in the way can be done with Dell's repo for example).

Would the CentOS Project be willing to host a dedicated OpenAFS repo
rather than using CentOS' Extras repo?

Out of curiosity, how much data would such a repo have to hold?

Jeff White - GNU+Linux Systems Administrator
University of Pittsburgh - CSSD