[OpenAFS] stackable file system above OpenAFS

Erik Braun erik.braun@uni-jena.de
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:09:31 +0200 (CEST)

(Background for this question: many linux computers use a root filesystem,
which is provided via OpenAFS. Some directories, like /var/…, must be
writable)

Hello,

I still have the problem described here:

https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2014-June/040748.html

Since neither AUFS nor OpenAFS change their behaviour (for good reasons,
no offense intended), I am forced to take action. The easiest way to get
back a running configuration is for me, that I substitude AUFS with an
other stackable file system.

Unfortunately, the new and simple overlayfs does not run together with
OpenAFS (subdirectories are still not writeable).

Can you recommend an other overlay filesystem or an other way to achieve
my goal)

with best regards.
Erik