[OpenAFS] backup - order of entries in volume set

Gunnar Krull gklists@cs.uni-goettingen.de
Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:55:28 +0200

Hi,

when I have a backup Volume Set defined in this order, the volume
"user.backup" is not included into the backup:

Volume set userbackup:
     Entry 1: server .*, partition .*, volumes: user\..*\.backup
     Entry 2: server .*, partition .*, volumes: user\.backup

But when I change the order of the two Volume Set entries, the volume
"user.backup" is included:

Volume set userbackup:
     Entry   1: server .*, partition .*, volumes: user\.backup
     Entry   2: server .*, partition .*, volumes: user\..*\.backup

It's strange, but the order is irrelevant for another Volume Set. The
difference to the example above is, that the resulting volume list to be
backuped only consists of two volumes. Namely: "svn.backup" and
"svn.test.backup".

I couldn't find an explanation for this behavior.
Is there something wrong in my understanding of the volume set definitions?

Thanks,
Gunnar