[OpenAFS] Cross-platform DFS

Bruno Andrade br.dai2008@gmail.com
Wed, 23 Dec 2015 19:10:59 +0000

--001a113ecdd818cec90527957c7b

Hi there

We are looking for a cross-platform distributed file system that can pull
together the disks from both Linux (Red hat and Ubuntu) servers and Windows
(2008 and 2012)

We know GlusterFS very well but GFS only works for linux based servers and
we have SSD disks spread across both windows and linux machines that we
wanted to put together into a pool of storage, and ideally, mount it as NFS
in all servers, so our software can access the NFS mount point and
write/read data.

What we have is the following:

3 Windows servers with 6TB of SSD disks each (1TB each disk)
4 Ubuntu servers with 6TB of SSD disks each (1TB each)

Ideally, we wanted to build a pool of storage with 42TB (combining all
windows and linux servers), but without changing the windows servers to
linux

Is that possible with OpenAFS?

Thanks

--001a113ecdd818cec90527957c7b

tform distributed file system that can pull together the disks from both Li=
ervers and we have SSD disks spread across both windows and linux machines =
that we wanted to put together into a pool of storage, and ideally, mount i=
t as NFS in all servers, so our software can access the NFS mount point and=
ach disk)</div><div>4 Ubuntu servers with 6TB of SSD disks each (1TB each)<=