[OpenAFS] OpenAFS client in LXC containers

Neil Davies semanticphilosopher@gmail.com
Wed, 8 Jul 2015 16:47:49 +0100

That would be very useful - it would mean stronger isolation between =
docker instances
using AFS.

You would be "trusting" the docker host to operate correctly - but it =
would mean the=20
docker instances share a a common cache (which may have advantages).

We keep all our serious long term state in AFS (i.e. it is the only =
thing we back up),
so we've been using AFS+lxc (now as docker) to do things like mail =
(seperate=20
containers per function), continuous intergration, saltmasters etc etc. =
If the name space
seperation was there then there are more functions I could aggregate =
into single host spaces

This would get me closer to a goal where, on a single ARM instance, I =
can deploy a complete
"basic company infrastructure" - we're a completely distributed company =
and employees could then
have their "local" filestore truely local to them!