[OpenAFS] OpenAFS still in development?

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Sun, 21 Jun 2015 10:55:38 +0200 (CEST)

> 4. Is AuriStor a replacement for OpenAFS?
>
> AuriStor is designed to be a general purpose, platform independent,
> secure, distributed file system that can be successfully deployed
> internally, across the Internet, and within public cloud services.
> AuriStor is an IBM AFS(R) and OpenAFS compatible file system that
> (...)
>  . and more

On

https://www.your-file-system.com/openafs/auristor-comparison

I have not found a list of supported platforms (client and server)
comparison for OpenAFS and AuriStor. Because if it does not
run on the platform, it's not a replacement.

I have not found a price list of the products and what they contain.

However, there is much "we are better" advertisement. That's not
something that works well in all cultures.

My conclusion of the current "landscape" is that if you have chosen a
closed source operating system that you pay money for, in the future
you'll have to pay money for a decent file system as well, either
directly to the OS vendor or to a third party. That will in the future
be necessary for any other function enhancement as well. That trend
will continue and sooner or later include every app(lication) that you
want to run on that platform.

Harald.