[OpenAFS] OpenAFS client in LXC containers

Bertrand NOEL bertrand.noel.88@gmail.com
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 11:20:24 +0200

--14dae9cc9c7e2e40ba051968414e

Hello,
I am working on using OpenAFS client in LXC containers.

I managed to have OpenAFS client work in one LXC container. I went with
container.
Here is detailed info on what I did:
- I installed OpenAFS kernel module on host (CentOS 7.1) / kmod-openafs
v1.6.9
- I create a CentOS 7.1 LXC container,
- and install OpenAFS client in this container
(openafs-client openafs-krb5 krb5-workstation)
- systemd script to start openafs-client does not fit because it tries to
load the kernel module, which is not possible by default in my container.
So I start by myself afsd service (/usr/vice/etc/afsd)
- It's working fine, and I can access AFS shares

I have 2 problems:

1) When I terminate my container, and create a new one, and do the exact
same procedure, starting afsd gets stuck when trying to fork background
processes. I can see that these processes go into zombie state.

2) When I keep my container, and create a second one along, and do the same
installation. Starting afsd fails with the following error:
afsd: Error calling AFSOP_CACHEINODE: not configured
I have seen that it comes when trying to run multiple openafs client on the
same machine. Which is what I am trying to do, but I was expecting that it
would work in containers, because afsd is a userspace process, and
containers are namespaced.

Bertrand

--14dae9cc9c7e2e40ba051968414e

client work in one LXC container. I went with loading the kernel module on =
host, and installing=C2=A0OpenAFS=C2=A0client on container.</div><div>Here =
is detailed info on what I did:</div><div>- I installed OpenAFS kernel modu=
le on host (CentOS 7.1) / kmod-openafs v1.6.9</div><div>- I create a CentOS=
 7.1 LXC container,</div><div>- and install OpenAFS client in this containe=
r (openafs-client=C2=A0openafs-krb5=C2=A0krb5-workstation)</div><div>- syst=
emd script to start openafs-client does not fit because it tries to load th=
e kernel module, which is not possible by default in my container. So I sta=
rt by myself afsd service (/usr/vice/etc/afsd)</div><div>- It&#39;s working=
r, and create a new one, and do the exact same procedure, starting afsd get=
s stuck when trying to fork background processes. I can see that these proc=
ainer, and create a second one along, and do the same installation. Startin=
g afsd fails with the following error:</div><div>afsd: Error calling AFSOP_=