[OpenAFS] bos server instances doesnt come up

Andreas Ladanyi andreas.ladanyi@kit.edu
Mon, 29 Jun 2015 19:20:48 +0200

Hi,

ok, the problem isnt gone.

If i start  the bos server:

/usr/afs/bin/bosserver -noauth &

bos status tells me the instances are running normally.

If i start the openafs-server with the systemd scripts:
=================================

enafs-server.service - OpenAFS Server Service
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openafs-server.service; enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Mon 2015-06-29 18:58:56 CEST; 1min
37s ago
   Process: 3481 ExecStop=/usr/bin/bos shutdown localhost -wait
-localauth (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Main PID: 3490 (bosserver)
    CGroup: /system.slice/openafs-server.service
            └─3490 /usr/afs/bin/bosserver -nofork

Jun 29 18:58:56 i44fs1.info.uni-karlsruhe.de systemd[1]: Starting
OpenAFS Server Service...
Jun 29 18:58:56 i44fs1.info.uni-karlsruhe.de systemd[1]: Started OpenAFS
Server Service.

But bos status tells me:
===============

Instance vlserver, temporarily disabled, stopped for too many errors,
currently starting up.
Instance ptserver, temporarily disabled, stopped for too many errors,
currently starting up.
Instance dafs, temporarily disabled, stopped for too many errors,
currently shutdown.
     Auxiliary status is: file server shut down.

I get the PtLog and VLLog error messages with the ubik errors:

PtLog:
====

ptserver: file not found when processing dbase Ubik init failed
ptserver: running unauthenticated

VLLog:
=====

vlserver: Ubik init failed: file not found when processing dbase

Andy