[OpenAFS] OpenAFS client in LXC containers

Neil Davies semanticphilosopher@gmail.com
Tue, 30 Jun 2015 08:33:53 +0100

This approach has worked fine for us for several years now.

Note there is an isolation issue - if you grab tokens for UID 1000 =
inside a
container A, then all UID 1000 in all the other containers have tokens.

You can run processes within PAG within the container, but sometimes =
(for
certain daemon process scenarios) that doesn=92t quite cut it.

On 29 Jun 2015, at 17:31, Chaskiel Grundman <cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

>> afsd is a userspace process, and
> Not quite true... afsd used to provide a process context for kernel
> threads to run in, but doesn't even do that anymore. The only =
userspace
> part of afsd is the DNS lookup mechanism.
>=20
>> containers are namespaced.
> If only that were completely true....
>=20
>=20
> In any event, depending on your actual end goal, there's an easy =
answer to
> this: run openafs on the host, and put an afs entry in =
lxc.mount.entry: