[OpenAFS] Question for packagers

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith@gmail.com
Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:40:49 -0400

--089e015380d0e676cc051104402c

Hello!
I'm a Sysadmin at a college that uses OpenAFS.  I maintain our Redhat
Satellite server, which can be set up to mirror external yum repositories.
Generally that's what I do with other 3rd party packages such as Adobe or
Puppetlabs.  Those providers provide a yum repo path along the lines of:
/distro/os-major-release/arch/latest
-or-
/distro/os-major-release/arch/product-major-release/latest
...which I can define once and use forever for the latest release of a
product or a product major release version.  This is very useful to me as
it takes the pressure of watching for new minor releases to be released,
then redefining my repository sync configuration each time the path changes
to a new minor release.

Is this something that the OpenAFS folks might consider adopting?

Thanks,
 - Kodiak Firesmith

--089e015380d0e676cc051104402c

FS.=C2=A0 I maintain our Redhat Satellite server, which can be set up to mi=
rror external yum repositories.=C2=A0 Generally that&#39;s what I do with o=
ther 3rd party packages such as Adobe or Puppetlabs.=C2=A0 Those providers =
provide a yum repo path along the lines of:</div><div>/distro/os-major-rele=
uct-major-release/latest</div><div>...which I can define once and use forev=
er for the latest release of a product or a product major release version.=
=C2=A0 This is very useful to me as it takes the pressure of watching for n=
ew minor releases to be released, then redefining my repository sync config=
div><div>Is this something that the OpenAFS folks might consider adopting? =
/div></div>

--089e015380d0e676cc051104402c--