[OpenAFS] Metrics on the cell

Devine, Steve sd@msu.edu
Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:11:53 +0000

I have been asked by senior leadership to gather data on the usage of our c=
ell. I can of course tell them how much disc space is in use and parse logs=
 from our filedrawers and FTP service, what I am struggling with is determi=
ning access via native OpenAFS Windows, Mac and Linux clients. I've been ex=
perimenting with Scout and Afsmonitor but haven't been able to find a defin=
itive solution. It seems like years ago I investigated logging at the files=
erver level and discovered that logging for usage wasn't possible. =0A=
=0A=
Has anyone found a way to gather these kind of stats? Thanks for your help.=
=0A=
=0A=
/sd=0A=
=0A=