[OpenAFS] wiki.openafs.org - Google account authentication broken

Ward, David - 0665 - MITLL david.ward@ll.mit.edu
Mon, 16 Nov 2015 04:12:30 +0000

On 11/15/2015 11:02 PM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Nov 2015, Ward, David - 0665 - MITLL wrote:
>
>> When trying to sign-in to wiki.openafs.org, simply clicking Google as
>> the account provider returns:
>> "no_identity_server: Could not determine ID provider from URL."
>>
>> This is presumably because Google now requires websites to have migrated
>> from OpenID 2.0 to OpenID Connect:
>> https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OpenID2Migration
> This is a known issue for gerrit.openafs.org, but I do not believe there
> is a button to click on for using Google as the OpenID provider for Wiki
> editing.

Yes, there's a button for Google:
http://wiki.openafs.org/ikiwiki.cgi?page=3Dindex&do=3Dedit

> It's a little unclear what action (if any) you think should be taken at
> this time.

Perhaps either remove the button, or print a more informative message=20
saying that Google accounts are not supported at the moment? I didn't=20
realize this was somewhat of a known issue.