[OpenAFS] containers / AFS / Ubuntu - stopped working

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Fri, 27 Nov 2015 18:32:01 +0100

Hi Neil,

thanks for the report, but I'm afraid I'm not getting it.

On Nov 27, 2015, at 13:42 , Neil Davies wrote:

> I=92ve been successfully running containers for several years.=20
> initially using lxc and now docker, inside machines where there was:=20=

>   an outer AFS service;=20
>   accessed by the processes inside the container.
>=20
> It worked fine (we are happy with the UID/token issue) until a recent =
upgrade.

What was upgraded?

> After this upgrade I am no longer able, in the container, able to push =
tokens into the kernel - it gives a pioctl.

What does "push tokens into the kernel" mean? What's the error? "pioctl =
failed"?

> That was a couple of weeks ago it broke, I backed out the change

What did you back out?

Thanks
	Stephan

> and I=92m going to try to isolate the issue - before I do I was =
wondering if there was anyone else on the list that has had this =
experience?

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-