[OpenAFS] Anyone still use the old 'vspace' script?

Garance A Drosehn drosih@rpi.edu
Mon, 26 Oct 2015 13:37:00 -0400

On 25 Oct 2015, at 22:21, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> Hi Garance,
>
> On Sun, 25 Oct 2015, Garance A Drosehn wrote:
>
>> It happens that this script has been useful for some work I'm doing
>> right now, so I've made a number of changes to it.  If anyone else is
>> using the script, I'll make my version available.
>
> Please consider making the script available even if no one speaks up as a
> current user; it may be useful to someone else in the future, if they can
> find it.  There exists https://github.com/openafs-contrib as a place to
> consolidate this sort of AFS-related helper script for greater
> discoverability;

Thanks for that pointer.

The script I have is a combination of bourne-shell and awk code (which is
geared for ancient versions of awk).  It includes a number of RPI-specific
changes, most of which we haven't used in 15 years.  I have no idea if the
unused parts still work, or if they even make sense.  Part of the reason I
wanted to ask the list was to find whatever the current version was (if
there is one), and add just the "good parts" of my changes to that version.

But if no one knows of the original version, I might clean up this version
a bit more and make it available.  I'm also writing some other afs-related
tools, and I'm going to need to rewrite "the good parts" of vspace for that
project.  So it might be the rewritten version that will be released.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn                =     drosih@rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer               or   gad@FreeBSD.org