[OpenAFS] what is the backup order of the fileserver exploration for a given volset?

Giovanni Bracco giovanni.bracco@enea.it
Fri, 8 Apr 2016 13:20:18 +0200

In our AFS cell we have 9 fileservers (openafs 1.6.5 to 1.6.15)
distributed over WAN and we use the native openafs backup system, which
works well (max size of a volume is 200 GB)

We have defined a volset for all the .backup volumes of all fileservers
and we have one AFS backup server that performs the backup for all the
fileservers, both the local and remote ones.

As the backup duration is very different for local fileserver (~60 MB/s)
and remote fileservers (~3 MB/s) it would be very nice to know in
advance what is the order chosen by the backup  process for a given volset.

The experience shows that it is NOT the order in which the fileservers
appear in the volset definition.

Any suggestion?

Bye

Giovanni