[OpenAFS] kinit/aklog auto-authenticate info

Sergio Gelato Sergio.Gelato@astro.su.se
Sat, 2 Jul 2016 14:14:49 +0200

* Shadrach Smith [2016-06-30 17:10:45 +0000]:
> Thanks Ben,
>
> I'm trying to setup afs and kerberos in a way that when the users log in, they are automatically authenticated to kerberos and afs.
>
> I've tried different pam settings, and it doesn't seem like it is supposed to be difficult.

Indeed I don't find it difficult. Maybe you could describe what it is that
you've tried and in what ways it failed? Note that most PAM modules can be
made to log their decisions verbosely when passed the "debug" option.

> I do not have any central login servers, just linux clients using /etc/passwd, kerberos and afs

Is the intent that users should authenticate to the clients using their
Kerberos credentials? The usual answer is "yes". If so, you'll need
pam_krb5 or equivalent in your configuration. You'll almost certainly
also want a host/f.q.d.n@REALM service principal for each client, with
the corresponding keys stored in /etc/krb5.keytab; if you don't have this
you may need additional configuration, the details of which depend on the
pam_krb5 implementation (I'm not sure what CentOS 6.7 is using).

If users are to log in using other, non-Kerberos, credentials (e.g.,
ssh public keys) you'll need to either prompt them for their Kerberos
password or set up some other mechanism to get a TGT based on the
authentication they did provide.