[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Yosemite

Green, James JFGREEN@msu.edu
Thu, 16 Jun 2016 18:01:11 +0000

Yes, i understand the Auristor client is not the OpenAFS client.  Sorry if =
I said or did something wrong, please correct me.=0A=
=0A=
I appreciate your help.=0A=
=0A=
Although I've been looking for a while for some Kerberos-related file with =
different/wrong ownership/permissions, after seeing your posting I looked a=
gain and found that ~/Library/Preferences/edu.Mit.Kerberos is the offender.=
  Exactly as you say it's accessible to the regular user, not as root (funn=
y as that sounds).=0A=
=0A=
it's now working for me. Again, thanks very much for the help.=0A=
________________________________________=0A=
From: Jeffrey Altman [jaltman@auristor.com]=0A=
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:47 PM=0A=
To: Green, James; openafs-info@openafs.org=0A=
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Yosemite=0A=
=0A=
Hi James,=0A=
=0A=
On 6/15/2016 2:15 PM, Green, James wrote:=0A=
> I'm trying to get OpenAFS working under Yosemite on my Macbook Pro with=
=0A=
> the YFS/Auristor client.=0A=
=0A=
The AuriStor OSX client is not OpenAFS.=0A=
=0A=
> When executing aklog at the command line, I am=0A=
> seeing this strange behavior: as root, aklog succeeds and receives a=0A=
> token, but as a regular user, it segfaults.=0A=
=0A=
After seeing this report the AuriStor development team was able to=0A=
reproduce the failure by executing aklog with a KRB5_CONF profile that=0A=
cannot be successfully parsed.=0A=
=0A=
I suggest searching for a file in the Kerberos profile search path that=0A=
is accessible to the regular user but not as root.=0A=
=0A=
> [1]    2289 segmentation fault=0A=
=0A=
The cause has been identified and a fix will be included in the next=0A=
AuriStorFS client release for OSX.=0A=
=0A=
Jeffrey Altman=0A=
=0A=