[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Yosemite

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Thu, 16 Jun 2016 22:52:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016, Green, James wrote:

> Yes, i understand the Auristor client is not the OpenAFS client.  Sorry
> if I said or did something wrong, please correct me.

OpenAFS is an open-source software distribution that implements the AFS
protocol [0]; AuriStor provides a client that implements the AFS
protocol as well as certain extensions.  So you probably wanted to say
"I'm trying to get AFS working under Yosemite", since you were using the
AuriStor implementation of the AFS protocol.  Saying that you want to get
OpenAFS working implies that you are using the OpenAFS distribution, which
seems to not be the case.

I'm glad you've got things working!

-Ben

[0] AFS-3, to be pedantic.