[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Yosemite

Green, James JFGREEN@msu.edu
Fri, 17 Jun 2016 11:04:52 +0000

Yes, you are correct.  That was what I meant to say.  Thanks.=0A=
=0A=
________________________________________=0A=
From: Benjamin Kaduk [kaduk@MIT.EDU]=0A=
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:52 PM=0A=
To: Green, James=0A=
Cc: Jeffrey Altman; openafs-info@openafs.org=0A=
Subject: RE: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Yosemite=0A=
=0A=
On Thu, 16 Jun 2016, Green, James wrote:=0A=
=0A=
> Yes, i understand the Auristor client is not the OpenAFS client.  Sorry=
=0A=
> if I said or did something wrong, please correct me.=0A=
=0A=
OpenAFS is an open-source software distribution that implements the AFS=0A=
protocol [0]; AuriStor provides a client that implements the AFS=0A=
protocol as well as certain extensions.  So you probably wanted to say=0A=
"I'm trying to get AFS working under Yosemite", since you were using the=0A=
AuriStor implementation of the AFS protocol.  Saying that you want to get=
=0A=
OpenAFS working implies that you are using the OpenAFS distribution, which=
=0A=
seems to not be the case.=0A=
=0A=
I'm glad you've got things working!=0A=