[OpenAFS] compile fails kernel version 4.4.0-1-default

Michael Laß lass@mail.upb.de
Tue, 1 Mar 2016 16:08:36 +0100

Hi!

It seems like you were spot on with this. Some Arch Linux users have been brave enough to test OpenAFS with these patches on Linux 4.4. One reported a data corruption issue now. Quote from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openafs/:

> I tried the patch and I get problems. When I do checkout a different =
branch of my software from a git repository things fail and I'm left with a corrupted workspace. The log files shows the following message:
> kernel: afs: Lost contact with file server ... in cell ... (code -512) =
(all multi-homed ip addresses down for the server)
> kernel: afs: failed to store file (network problems)
> kernel: afs: file server ... in cell ... is back up (code 0) =
(multi-homed address; other same-host interfaces may still be down)

Guess what error core -512 is… Yep, it’s -ERESTARTSYS.

So there is definitely some additional work required for Linux 4.4.

Cheers,
Michael