[OpenAFS] Windows 10 Pro and OpenAFS Client

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Tue, 5 Dec 2017 13:43:55 -0600

On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 09:24:23AM +0100, Andreas Ladanyi wrote:
> Hi,
> >
> > But take care, depending on the setup of your windows (secure boot,etc.)
> > OpenAFS will no more work on windows after 31.12.2017, as the kernel
> > module has no more a valid signature (in the def. of MS).
> if i understand the facts correctly i have two options:
>
> 1. I use the windows client package from auristor which is signed from
> microsoft ?
> 2. I use the UEFI boot option without Secure Boot and switch my windows
> 10 setup into the test signing mode for using the unsigned driver (after
> 31.12.2017) in the OpenAFS windows client package.

That matches my recollection of what's been said here (though I am
not paying especially close attention).

I suppose there is also

3. Do the development/certification work to get an alternative
OpenAFS-based kernel module signed by Microsoft

though that's not exactly accessible to the generic end user.

-Ben