[OpenAFS] changing just the name of a database server?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Wed, 20 Dec 2017 10:54:04 -0600

Hi Steve,

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 09:19:36AM -0500, Steve Gaarder wrote:
> I want to change the name of one of my database servers, while keeping the
> IP address the same.  Besides making the change in the DNS and the
> machine's hostname, is there anything else I need to do?

You should also notify cellservdb@grand.central.org so that the
central CellServDB records can be updated.  IIRC, at least windows
clients use the name after the '#' for address lookups -- it is not
just a comment field.

(You could, of course, make the corresponding change by hand for
machines that you manage, too.)

-Ben