[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6.20.1 on AIX 7.1

Pascal Salet pascal.salet@wu.ac.at
Thu, 2 Feb 2017 15:46:39 +0100

Hello all,

we used OpenAFS on AIX 6.1, and upgraded to AIX 7.1.

openafs-1.6.20.1 compiles on AIX 7.1, but fails to install.

I'd like to kindly ask if OpenAFS is known to install on AIX 7.1, and
which would be the appropriate AFS-source-code-version to use.

excerpt from config.log:
it was created by OpenAFS configure 1.6.20.1, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.63.  Invocation command line was

   $ ./configure --with-afs-sysname=rs_aix61 --
--enable-transarc-paths --disable-pam --includedir=/usr/include

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
uname -r = 1
uname -s = AIX
uname -v = 7
/usr/bin/uname -p = powerpc
/usr/bin/oslevel       = 7.1.0.0

I would be very grateful for any advice on this matter.

--
Pascal Salet
IT-Services