[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6.20.1 on AIX 7.1

Ted Creedon tcreedon@easystreet.net
Mon, 6 Feb 2017 17:34:53 +0000

why not use vm's for all non linux builds?
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org <openafs-info-admin@openafs.org> on be=
half of Pascal Salet <pascal.salet@wu.ac.at>
Sent: Monday, February 6, 2017 5:07 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6.20.1 on AIX 7.1

>> I would be very grateful for any advice on this matter.
>
> Pascal,
>
> To the best of my knowledge there has been no active development of
> OpenAFS on any AIX release since January 2015.  At that time the AIX 6
> build machine was removed from the build farm because the organization
> that provided it for many years could no longer afford to do so.
>
> It does not surprise me if over the last two years there has been
> drift between OpenAFS and AIX; especially a new major release of AIX.
>
> To answer your question, I am unaware of anyone that has installed
> OpenAFS on AIX 7.1.
>
> If you can provide more details on the failure, perhaps the community
> can assist?
>
> If the ability to use OpenAFS on AIX 7.1 is important to your
> institution, perhaps it would be willing to provide a build host for use
> by the developer community.
>
> Jeffrey Altman

Jeffrey,

thank you very much for clarifying this.

I will inquire if the university can provide a build-host with AIX7 on
our former PowerPC-server. This may or may not be feasible, according to
administrative policies or product licenses.

The options used are
##
./configure -with-afs-sysname=3Drs_aix61 --enable-tivoli-tsm \\
--enable-transarc-paths --disable-pam --includedir=3D/usr/include
##

After copying the binaries manually to /usr/afs/ and /usr/vice/etc/
according to
https://wiki.openafs.org/archive/HowToBuildOpenAFSFromSource/
and executing rc.afs, the server freezes and reboots.

Pascal