[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6.20.1 on AIX 7.1

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Tue, 7 Feb 2017 20:56:01 +0100

On Feb 7, 2017, at 20:39 , Brandon Allbery wrote:

> You can't sensibly virtualize IBM POWER / PowerPC architecture on =
Intel CPUs. (Or even "at all"; I think the closest you get is qemu's =
PrEP which will not boot AIX.)

Thank you Brandon!

=46rom what I read, Power-VM would probably do the trick. Alas, it seems =
to require a POWER host and be a proprietary product. Which is just what =
I meant when writing "just as hard to find". I'm not aware of any other =
solution. Well, supposedly you can rent AIX VMs in some clouds.

But ultimately, Ben's got the killer argument. If we had the human =
resources, anything else could probably be sorted out.

- Stephan