[OpenAFS] Weirdness after 'vos move's - core files?

Garance A Drosehn drosih@rpi.edu
Mon, 20 Feb 2017 17:21:22 -0500

On 20 Feb 2017, at 16:07, Garance A Drosehn wrote:

> On 20 Feb 2017, at 0:25, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>
>> [...]  if I was in this situation, I would be looking at
>> hardware diagnostics on this machine (memtest86, SMART output,
>> bonnie++, etc.).  I do not believe that openafs is expected to be
>> particularly robust against failing hardware...
>
> I skipped over some pretty significant info in my few messages to
> this mailing list.
      [...skipping...]
> In any case, it now seems almost certain that the crash on
> Feb 8th is the primary cause for all the problems we're seeing.

Btw, thanks to Benjamin for mentioning the hardware angle, which
got me thinking of all the details I had skipped over.  I have
been bouncing between several different (and completely unrelated)
crises here, and have completely lost track of which events
happened when.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn                =     drosih@rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer               or   gad@FreeBSD.org