[OpenAFS] getcwd() error for RHEL 7.4 kernel

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Thu, 16 Nov 2017 00:06:11 -0600

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 01:02:15PM -0500, Matt Vander Werf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are there any updates or progress on a potential fix for this issue?
> Anything we can do to help figure things out?

This topic was on the agenda for our release-team meeting yesterday.
If I remmber correctly, multiple developers have gotten fairly
reliable ways to reproduce the issue locally.
It also seems that as a workaround, reverting
https://gerrit.openafs.org/#/c/12451/ is likely to reduce the
likelihood of triggering events.

> We are running into more and more users encountering the issue on systems
> we have updated, forcing us to have to downgrade the kernel on them yet as
> well (including the system we were able to reproduce it on and test with
> before). Is there any other information we might provide before we do that?

Given the assumption that developers are reproducing the same
situation that you are, hopefully there is not a need for additional
information from the production sites.

Thanks,

Ben