[OpenAFS] Installation and set up guide for Scientific Linux-7.5

Adam Jensen hanzer@riseup.net
Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:19:12 -0500

On 11/15/2018 03:41 PM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 03:32:03PM -0500, Adam Jensen wrote:

>> But I haven't been able to find an accessible set of instructions that
>> don't require an extensive investment in research, study and translation
>> to a modern environment. Perhaps if those of you with some experience of
>> the technology could guide me through an installation and basic
>> configuration then my notes could be shaped into a guide.
>
> I think that http://docs.openafs.org/QuickStartUnix/index.html is the most
> current "official" documentation; the source is in git at (e.g.)
> http://git.openafs.org/?p=openafs.git;a=tree;f=doc/xml/QuickStartUnix;h=9e4fbd3f23b81696d98b1fcb68519364fe365d3f;hb=HEAD
> if you were interested in supplying patches.  (Contributions in other
> forms, including what you describe below would also be welcome, of course!)

I guess this is the document to start with:

https://wiki.openafs.org/admin/InstallingOpenAFSonRHEL/

The RHEL 6 to 7 changes are:

- systemctl is preferred over service/chkconfig
- firewalld is preferred over iptables
- the SELinux policy problem might have been fixed

I have no idea which parts of the AFS information needs to revised.
Would it be a big deal for an experienced user to spin up an SL-7.5
instance in a virtual machine and have a look at the situation?