[OpenAFS] Upgrading to newer OpenAFS procedure docs

Susan Litzinger susan@psc.edu
Tue, 27 Nov 2018 12:38:16 -0500

--000000000000cc2c0d057ba8ea3c

We are in the process of updating from an older version of OpenAFS,
1.4.14,  to a more recent version, 1.6.16.

The new 1.6.16 servers have been added to our current cell and we are
moving the volumes from the older servers to the new ones.  We know that we
have to move the various servers, including the VL Server,  and root.cell
volume from the old servers to the new ones before being able to shut off
the old servers. I'm trying to find documentation that describes how to do
that.

Has anyone done this recently?  Is there any documentation that describes
the proper sequence?

TIA!

--000000000000cc2c0d057ba8ea3c

om an older version of OpenAFS, 1.4.14,=C2=A0 to a more recent version, 1.6=
to our current cell and we are moving the volumes from the older servers to=
 the new ones.=C2=A0 We know that we have to move the various servers, incl=
uding the VL Server,=C2=A0 and root.cell volume from the old servers to the=
 new ones before being able to shut off the old servers. I&#39;m trying to =
find documentation that describes how to do that.=C2=A0 =C2=A0</div><div><b=
r></div><div>Has anyone done this recently?=C2=A0 Is there any documentatio=

--000000000000cc2c0d057ba8ea3c--