[OpenAFS] OpenAFS yum repository for CentOS 7

Glenn Morris rgm@stanford.edu
Wed, 20 Mar 2019 12:22:21 -0700

Hi,

I've used Scientific Linux for several years. Their yum repository
includes OpenAFS packages. I'm now trying to understand the situation
with OpenAFS packages on CentOS 7.

https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage
mentions OpenAFS, but AFAICS there are no AFS packages actually available
through that route in standard CentOS yum repositories? The last
mention I can find of it is
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2015-November/041549.html

Did this project never move out of the testing phase?

https://wiki.openafs.org/admin/InstallingOpenAFSonRHEL/
refers to packages that can be installed with yum, however looking
at eg http://openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.6.21, there is no openafs-release*.rpm.
It seems this feature stopped being provided at 1.6.20?

https://wiki.ncsa.illinois.edu/display/ITS/OpenAFS+Install+via+YUM+for+EL6+EL7

refers to https://cbs.centos.org/repos/storage7-testing/
This has OpenAFS 1.8 from 2018/10.
But the repo name contains "testing", and eg
https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62132#p261921
says not to install anything from cbs.centos.org in production.

Is there any stable yum repository for OpenAFS on CentOS 7?

TIA for any info.