[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.8.X token problems

Mark Vitale mvitale@sinenomine.net
Thu, 23 May 2019 17:25:19 +0000

Florian,

> On May 22, 2019, at 8:00 PM, Mark Vitale <mvitale@sinenomine.net> wrote:
>=20
> I've begun working on a fix and will notify you when it's available on ge=
rrit.openafs.org for review.

I ended up with three patches:

remote:   https://gerrit.openafs.org/13597 pioctl: limit fruitless token se=
arches
remote:   https://gerrit.openafs.org/13598 auth: eliminate pointless retrie=
s in ktc_ListTokensEx
remote:   https://gerrit.openafs.org/13599 auth: make PGetTokens2 work with=
 3-char cellnames

Strictly speaking, you should only need the last one (13599) to resolve you=
r symptoms.  The second patch (13598) eliminates all the extra pioctl execu=
tions seen in your strace.  The first patch (13597) is a small optimization=
.  If you are willing and able, please try out 13599 (at least) on your cel=
l and post your results on the gerrit review.  Just be aware that these are=
 draft submissions and are likely to change in response to review feedback.
=20
https://gerrit.openafs.org/13597 pioctl: limit fruitless token searches  =20
https://gerrit.openafs.org/13598 auth: eliminate pointless retries in ktc_L=
istTokensEx
https://gerrit.openafs.org/13599 auth: make PGetTokens2 work with 3-char ce=
llnames

I also need to correct one mistake in my initial characterization of the pr=
oblem.  The strace ioctl arguments do NOT display the pioctl number, and th=
e new token interface was never falling back to the old interface.  All the=
 problems were in the new (1.8.x) interface.

Thanks,
--
Mark Vitale
mvitale@sinenomine.net