[OpenAFS] Zero-byte file in cache

Ryan C. Underwood nemesis@icequake.net
Sun, 12 Jan 2020 12:03:03 -0800

--V88s5gaDVPzZ0KCq

I have a reproducible scenario where the cache manager populates the
cache with a zero-byte file entry.  This happens when populating the
cache with a large directory tree of a web application.  The client
and fileserver communicate over the internet, so sporadic packet loss
may be implicated.

The only resolution I have found so far is to stop the AFS client,
delete the cache and restart it and attempt cache population again.

Without going into too much detail immediately, is there a recommended
way to go about debugging this sort of issue?  This particular issue
has been observed with 1.6.x clients and with the most recent 1.8
clients as well.

--=20
Ryan C. Underwood, <nemesis@icequake.net>

--V88s5gaDVPzZ0KCq