[OpenAFS] Kernel panic running 1.8.4 on linux 3.10.0-1062.7.1.el7.x86_64

Neil Brown neilb@inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri, 17 Jan 2020 12:05:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020, M. Casper Lewis wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 01:02:35PM +0000, Neil Brown wrote:
>> This is just a heads up in case anyone else has seen or sees
>> something similar.
>
> *hijacking thread*

Be my guest, but I'm going to ignore it and just post an update on our
situation :)

Looks like we are going to put our crash down to
one-of-those-things/stray-neutrino, the machine has been fine since and
we've been exercising it as much as we were before.

Jeffery did query our use of ext4, xfs is apparently recommended over
ext4. There's no particular reason we use ext4, it's just the default for
our setup and we've not noticed any problems with it. However, I'll have a
look at adding some xfs partitions to our system

Cheers,

Neil
--
  Neil Brown - Computing Officer - Appleton Tower 7.12a | Neil.Brown @ ed. ac.uk
  School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh        | Tel: +44 131 6504422

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.