[OpenAFS] 14 Jan 2021 08:25:36 GMT Breakage in RX Connection ID calculation

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 11:37:53 -0800

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 08:22:49PM +0100, Andreas Hirczy wrote:

> >> One more patch
> >>
> >>   https://gerrit.openafs.org/14495
> >>   rx: modify RX_CIDMASK to match update_nextCid()
> >
> > which has been abandoned in favor of
> >
> >     https://gerrit.openafs.org/14496
> >     Remove overflow check from update_nextCid
> >
> > Jeffrey Altman
>
> Thanks!
>
> I have created new Debian packages (Debian Buster, AMD64 only) based on
> these 3 patches - available at
> <https://itp.tugraz.at/Comp/debian/dists/buster/test/binary-amd64/>
>
> A quick glance shows that my DB and file servers do work.
>
> BUT: after restarting a client file access is not possible any more: "vos exa
> .." works, but "ls /afs/itp.tugraz.at/" times out.

Just to confirm: what method did you use to "restart a client"?

> | root@faepop78 ~ # ls /afs/itp.tugraz.at/
> | /bin/ls: cannot open directory '/afs/itp.tugraz.at/': Connection timed out

I also get connection timed out for /afs/itp.tugraz.at/ but can access
other files, from my laptop running the debian package that I am about to
upload to unstable, with all three patches.

-Ben