[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.8.7 on Linux systems running Crowdstrike falcon-sensor

Jonathan D. Proulx jon@csail.mit.edu
Mon, 8 Mar 2021 09:56:02 -0500

We at MIT CSAIL stoped using crowdstrike partly becuase they refused
to fix this despite us providing a patch to falcon-sensor (whcih is
just a tarred pile of shell scripts).

The need to excluse /afs from their scans there's several ways to do
this (they use "find" internally).

We found them unhelpful and very good at talkign to magnagement types
and very bad at anyting actually technical.

I can't say enough against them...they'll probably call our Office of
General Council on me for saying anything against them they've done
that before (and put more effort into "unmasking" the pseudonymous jr
admin's reddit user account than the actual security issues we were
paying them to look at).

-Jon

---

Jonathan Proulx