[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.8.7 on Linux systems running Crowdstrike falcon-sensor

Chaskiel Grundman cgrundman@gmail.com
Thu, 11 Mar 2021 15:02:59 -0500

--000000000000ebe15a05bd484584

The bad news is, override_creds isn't going to fix this, because
current->fs isn't part of the creds. It's still going to be null (h/t jhutz)
The less bad news is, I think this will only affect closing a deleted file.
Other operations should not trigger cache I/O after a flush. (exit_files,
which occurs before exit_fs, called flush and fput, but fput these days
doesn't do the work immediately, it punts it to task_work). So if we punt
the unlink of a sillyrenamed file to a kthread, we should be able to avoid
this problem.

But we may have other issues.
If crowdstrike is validating dentry_open against current->fs->root, it
might deny cache I/O done on behalf of a chroot'd (or namespaced) process.
We can't solve that without punting ALL cache I/O to a kthread.

--000000000000ebe15a05bd484584

s, because current-&gt;fs isn&#39;t part of the creds. It&#39;s still going=
 to be null (h/t jhutz)<div>The less bad news is, I think this will only af=
fect closing a deleted file. Other operations should not trigger cache I/O =
after a flush. (exit_files, which occurs before exit_fs, called flush and f=
put, but fput these days doesn&#39;t do the work immediately, it punts it t=
o task_work). So if we punt the unlink of a sillyrenamed file to a kthread,=
ay have other issues.</div><div>If crowdstrike is validating dentry_open ag=
ainst current-&gt;fs-&gt;root, it might deny cache I/O done on behalf of a =
chroot&#39;d (or namespaced) process. We can&#39;t solve that without punti=
ng ALL cache I/O to a kthread.</div></div>

--000000000000ebe15a05bd484584--