[OpenAFS] Occasional "VLDB: no permission access for call"

Ian Wienand iwienand@redhat.com
Mon, 29 Mar 2021 15:23:42 +1100

Hello,

A new thing I've noticed after we have upgraded everything to 1.8.6 is
like the following:

 ~$ vos remove -server afs01.dfw.openstack.org -id 536870937 -partition a

 Could not lock VLDB entry for the volume 536870937
   VLDB: no permission access for call

   VLDB: no permission access for call
 Error in vos remove command.
 VLDB: no permission access for call

 $ vos remove -server afs01.dfw.openstack.org -id 536870937 -partition a
 Volume 536870937 on partition /vicepa server afs01.dfw.openstack.org deleted

The first failed, I literally pressed "up and enter" to try again and
it then worked.  In a similar fashion I can run a loop of "vos
release" and have random volumes fail to release, then work just fine
on another try.

None of our afsdb servers have anything in VLLog or PtLog (nothing at
all since they started).  All my tokens are granted and valid, etc. --
I mean it works one time and not another doing nothing at all in
between.

I have strace's of a failing and good "vos remove" attempt, if it
would help.

Any ideas?  Any suggestions what else to trace to see what's going on
here?

-i