[OpenAFS] Problem building a Debian package in AFS != RX CID bug

deb251@lewenberg.com deb251@lewenberg.com
Mon, 13 Sep 2021 09:47:08 -0700

On 9/13/2021 8:56 AM, Jeffrey E Altman wrote:
> On 9/13/2021 11:35 AM, deb251@lewenberg.com wrote:
>>>
>> While you are undoubtedly correct about the buster version of the
>> OpendAFS client having that bug, it does not seem to affect the
>> building of the Debian package using pbuilder (chroot): the pbuild
>> _works_ on my buster server and _fails_ on my bullseye server.
>>
> As Sergio pointed out, the buster 1.8.2-1+deb10u1-debian 2021-07-21
> package is patched for the CID bug and the bullseye version doesn't
> contain the RX CID bug.
>
> Have you run strace against your build process?

I ran strace: strace -f cowbuilder .....

and a new message appears

"sudo: effective uid is not 0, is /usr/bin/sudo on a file system with
the 'nosuid' option set or an NFS file system without root privileges?"

Note that this message only seems to appear when running with the
"strace -f".