[OpenAFS] Question for admins regarding pts membership output

Todd Lewis utoddl@email.unc.edu
Thu, 14 Jul 2022 09:26:37 -0400

--------------6WH30fyZsc2s70K4AlS0dqgu

On 7/14/22 5:49 AM, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Ed Rude:
>
>> I think I prefer the new behavior you are suggesting as the default.
> I'd prefer to have the current behavior as default, as to not break
> current scripts. Admins can then decide to enhance their scripts as
> needed instead of being forced to change them because they got broken.
On the other hand, I'd prefer a diminishing number of broken scripts vs.
a future of less than ideal defaults, especially if some warning is
issued ahead of the change.

Backwards compatibility has it's place: in the past, mostly.

    / Todd Lewis, Middleware Services,utoddl@email.unc.edu  /
   / "We is confronted with insurmountable opportunities." /
  /                  - Walt Kelly, "Pogo"                 /

--------------6WH30fyZsc2s70K4AlS0dqgu

  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Ed Rude:

</pre>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">I think I prefer the new behavior you are suggesting as the default.
</pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">
I'd prefer to have the current behavior as default, as to not break
current scripts. Admins can then decide to enhance their scripts as
needed instead of being forced to change them because they got broken.</pre>
    On the other hand, I'd prefer a diminishing number of broken scripts
    vs. a future of less than ideal defaults, especially if some warning
    is issued ahead of the change.<br>
    Backwards compatibility has it's place: in the past, mostly.<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
   / Todd Lewis, Middleware Services, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:utoddl@email.unc.edu">utoddl@email.unc.edu</a> /
  / &quot;We is confronted with insurmountable opportunities.&quot; /
 /                  - Walt Kelly, &quot;Pogo&quot;                 /
</pre>

--------------6WH30fyZsc2s70K4AlS0dqgu--