[OpenAFS] 2023 AFS Technologies Workshop - virtual

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Sat, 10 Jun 2023 00:06:41 +0200

Hi Tracy,

I'm a bit baffled by the "list of countries and regions" from where one =
can register for this event. To name a few, the workshop seems not to be =
accessible from Iceland, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Slovakia, Hungary, =
almost all of Africa (including South Africa) and Asia (including =
Taiwan, India,...) etc.

Frankly, I think this is a violation of our code of conduct. While I =
have registered, I'm seriously considering not to participate.

But I still hope this is a misunderstanding.

Best regards,
	Stephan

<Tracy.DiMarcoWhite@gs.com> wrote:
>=20
> Once you've registered for the conference, please join the Zoom Events =
Lobby and look through the talks available. Within the lobby, you are =
able to bookmark talks, and those bookmarked talks are used to build =
your itinerary for the conference. Please explore Zoom Events in advance =
if you can.
>=20
> Zoom has made available a video (https://youtu.be/LJr-DE4ktb4) walking =
through these steps.
>=20
> Thanks,
> Tracy=20
>=20
AFS Technologies Workshop taking place next week on June 12th, 13th, & =
14th. The workshop is again this year being hosted on Zoom, and =
registration is open at https://workshop.openafs.org with the talks and =
timings listed. The main talks will run from 9:30am until 3pm Eastern =
time, with themed community discussion or social time for an hour before =
the start each day, and an hour after the talks end each day.
openafs.workshop@gmail.com to let us help.
>=20
> If you are a student at a higher education institution, please contact =
openafs.workshop@gmail.com to take advantage of our offer of comped =
registration.
openafs.workshop@gmail.com.
>=20
> Tracy Di Marco White
> On behalf of the 2023 Workshop organizers
>=20
>=20
> Your Personal Data: We may collect and process information about you =
that may be subject to data protection laws. For more information about =
how we use and disclose your personal data, how we protect your =
information, our legal basis to use your information, your rights and =
who you can contact, please refer to: =
www.gs.com/privacy-notices<http://www.gs.com/privacy-notices>