[OpenAFS] 2023 AFS Technologies Workshop - virtual

Di Marco White, Tracy J Tracy.DiMarcoWhite@gs.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2023 23:23:11 +0000

Hi Stephan,

Our intent was to work around Zoom's PayPal integration issues with "If you=
 have any issues with registration, please mail to openafs.workshop@gmail.c=
om to let us help." We do not want to limit anyone's ability to participate=
.

-Tracy

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephan Wiesand <stephan.wiesand@desy.de>
Sent: Friday, June 9, 2023 5:07 PM
To: Di Marco White, Tracy J [Engineering] <Tracy.DiMarcoWhite@ny.email.gs.c=
om>
Cc: OpenAFS Info <OpenAFS-info@openafs.org>
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] 2023 AFS Technologies Workshop - virtual

Hi Tracy,

I'm a bit baffled by the "list of countries and regions" from where one can=
 register for this event. To name a few, the workshop seems not to be acces=
sible from Iceland, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Slovakia, Hungary, almost all=
 of Africa (including South Africa) and Asia (including Taiwan, India,...) =
etc.

Frankly, I think this is a violation of our code of conduct. While I have r=
egistered, I'm seriously considering not to participate.

But I still hope this is a misunderstanding.

Best regards,
        Stephan

> On 9. Jun 2023, at 16:22, Di Marco White, Tracy J <Tracy.DiMarcoWhite@gs.=
com> wrote:

> Once you've registered for the conference, please join the Zoom Events Lo=
bby and look through the talks available. Within the lobby, you are able to=
 bookmark talks, and those bookmarked talks are used to build your itinerar=
y for the conference. Please explore Zoom Events in advance if you can.

> Zoom has made available a video (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://yout=
u.be/LJr-DE4ktb4__;!!O2kDR7mm-zSJ!q1q325GSMu5uG4ywWzd4fp4J_mQOF6JGG3EH5cu73=
MNg8PtGTCYOzA2EW7KP3Utnzv6LAnEIAmon4wfknh-EAk3mQZdcy1g$ ) walking through t=
hese steps.

> Thanks,
> Tracy

Technologies Workshop taking place next week on June 12th, 13th, & 14th. Th=
e workshop is again this year being hosted on Zoom, and registration is ope=
n at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://workshop.openafs.org__;!!O2kDR7mm-=
zSJ!q1q325GSMu5uG4ywWzd4fp4J_mQOF6JGG3EH5cu73MNg8PtGTCYOzA2EW7KP3Utnzv6LAnE=
IAmon4wfknh-EAk3ma_y32Nk$  with the talks and timings listed. The main talk=
s will run from 9:30am until 3pm Eastern time, with themed community discus=
sion or social time for an hour before the start each day, and an hour afte=
r the talks end each day.

> If you have any issues with registration, please mail to openafs.workshop=
@gmail.com to let us help.

> If you are a student at a higher education institution, please contact op=
enafs.workshop@gmail.com to take advantage of our offer of comped registrat=
ion.

> Please feel free to forward to anyone who you feel is interested in the c=
onference

> If you have any questions, please let us know at openafs.workshop@gmail.c=
om.

> Tracy Di Marco White
> On behalf of the 2023 Workshop organizers
>
> ________________________________
>
> Your Personal Data: We may collect and process information about you that=
 may be subject to data protection laws. For more information about how we =
use and disclose your personal data, how we protect your information, our l=
egal basis to use your information, your rights and who you can contact, pl=
ease refer to: http://www.gs.com/privacy-notices<http://www.gs.com/privacy-=
notices>
enafs-info__;!!O2kDR7mm-zSJ!q1q325GSMu5uG4ywWzd4fp4J_mQOF6JGG3EH5cu73MNg8Pt=
GTCYOzA2EW7KP3Utnzv6LAnEIAmon4wfknh-EAk3m5ZJrX6o$

--
Stephan Wiesand
DESY - DV -

se refer to: www.gs.com/privacy-notices<http://www.gs.com/privacy-notices>