[OpenAFS-win32-devel] @sys variable name

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:19:00 -0500

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/stormgmt/afs/manuals/Library/patch.readme.htm#HDRWINDOWS_PRODUCT_NOTES

>> What is the opinion of the community regarding this change?
>
> Does OpenAFS-1.3.6x run on NT any more? If not go with the new name
> too.

Well, i386_win2k doesn't really cover WindowsXP or Windows 2003 server.

I don't really care as long as binaries will run on all suported
platforms as I do have non-AFS software under the sysnames for various
OSes / processor combinations.  I do think that i386_nt50 would be a
better sysname, but if IBM already picked one OpenAFS should probably
just use it.

Perhaps now might also be a good time to have seperate sysnames for
64-bit Windows?

<<CDC
Christopher D. Clausen
ACM@UIUC SysAdmin