[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Registry Keys aren't being applied and more.

Ayokunle Adedipe adedipe@cede.psu.edu
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:18:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hello OpenAFS developers,

   I would like to thank you all for your hard work and effort in giving
us this new release and providing it in MSI form this really helps admins
who deploy openafs to large organizations through group policy.

   The questions I have deal with OpenAFS not accepting some of the
options I pass to it via a transform file.  The first problem of
particular concern is where the AFS Cache is saved. I read the registry.txt file you provided
and I created a reg_SZ value under:

[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon\Parameters]

CachePath = "%systemdrive%\TEMP\AFSCache"

but when I deploy the transform to a machine the Cache file is always
located in the root directory. I check to see whether the transform was
applied and i find out it is but not all the options are being applied. I
know its being applied because I specified some other options in

[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon\NetworkProvider]
and those are represented.

Aside from that minor issue I can't seem to get OpenAFS to work
consistently.  With our setup we have a windows domain (ECSEL) and a MIT
kerberos realm(cede.psu.edu).  For some reason beyond my knowledge our
previous admin disabled the integrated logon feature of OpenAFS and we
used a script to run aklog and grab our afs tokens and mount the users
home directory.  So this is the method I was trying to stick with.  For
OpenAFS 1.3.7000 I created a transform that disables integrated logon
and on the test machine this registry key was applied. But when I log on
the first time via MITkerb domain OpenAFS seems to function correctly. I
say this because the afscreds program says it has the correct tokens and
when I run Klist all the tokens are listed that I should have but when I
try to browse to \\AFS\cede.psu.edu\ I am unable to do so.

I am running MIT Kerberos for Windows 2.6.3, and from the documentation
that I have read this is the prefered Kerberos client.  And the machines
AFS is being deployed to is WinXP /sp1.

Thanks in advance,
Ayo