[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Deployment Time

Asanka Herath asanka@MIT.EDU
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:12:33 -0400

Hello,

>    I have created a working transform and tested it via
> Command line, but when I test deploying OpenAFS via Group
> Policy it installs for 22mins before completing the install.

Does it install successfully after the 22mins?  Obviously it should take a
lot less than that to install.  One thing that might extend the deployment
time is the installation of the loopback adapter (or rather, the
configuration of the newly installed loopback adapter).

Can you make an MSI install log available for us to have a look?  The
default logging parameters (i.e. logging options 'iweap') should be enough
to narrow the problem down, but it would be preferable to have a full log
(i.e. logging options 'voicewarmup').  A full log would include the action
specific records that could further pinpoint the problem.

See,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223300
and
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314852
for information on how to enable logging.

Also, what options did you change with your transform?

Since the full log would be large, you can send it directly to me instead of
the list.

So far I haven't run into this problem in the deployments that I did.

-- Asanka