[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS for Windows Documentation requires review

Tommie Gannert d00-tga@d.kth.se
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:08:07 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 pll+afs@permabit.com wrote:

> In a message dated: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:43:11 EDT
> Jeffrey Altman said:
>
> >Tommie Gannert has spent the last several days creating OpenAFS for Windows
> >documentation within the the Wiki.
> >
> >    http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/NewWindowsDocumentation
>

> I noticed that this page:
>
>  http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/WindowsEndUserQuickStartGuide
>
> Displays an installer wizard which looks completely different than
> the one I've been using (1.3.70).  Is this an old installer, a new
> one which hasn't been released yet, or am I using the wrong one?

Ah, yes. It's the MSI installer. I only documented one of the two
installers (I still don't see why we have two official
installers...). I'll get right on with the Nullsoft thingy.

Besides, I think the MSI installer is faster. (No proof, just a feeling.)